Monday, September 08, 2008

A Warm Fuzzy Blanket...

If you have read my blog for any amount of time, I am sure you have gathered by now that I am opinionated. That character trait/flaw has extended to all areas of my life including my church life. It is no big secret that I love my church back home, not like, LOVE. The people I have met there have forever changed my life.

That being said, the closer we get to going home, the more homesick I become. When we went to Hillsong this weekend, it was nice to be back in church since we have been traveling so much but it still felt like something was missing. I found myself longing for home. I wanted to see the Gracers leading worship with their talents and their hearts.

Before you say anything, I know that worship is about an audience of One. I know that God is here in London just as He is in Kansas. Please believe me when I say that I in NO WAY worship the singers, musicians, etc. back home. However, there is a connection made when you know people. When you know their heart, know their stories, know the amazing transformation that God has made in their lives. It puts you in a total different place of worship. I find myself not only praising God for who He is and the sacrifice he made for me but also for the wonderful people he has placed in my life. I find comfort and encouragement seeing a person praising God when I know the things that they have overcome through his mighty grace.

Suddenly, the wonderful people at Hillsong broke into a chorus of Hosanna and it was like God reached down and wrapped a warm, fuzzy blanket around me.

"Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest...heal my heart and make it clean, open up my eyes to the things unseen. Show me how to love like you have loved me. Break my heart for what breaks yours, everything I am for your kingdom's cause..."
When I closed my eyes, it was like I was home and in that exact moment, I have to agree with Dorothy...there is no place like home, there's no place like home...
Peace Out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Addie said...

OK, maybe it's the rough weekend, or the hormones, or just missing my friend, but that just about made me cry! Ignite last week just felt off, like something was missing. It was ... YOU! :D

9 DAYS! 9 DAYS!! 9 DAYS!!!!! WOOT!!!!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It made me cry too!! We miss you too, Marie. It isn't the same without you and your wonderful family.

Susie Luv

11:25 AM  
Blogger K said...

Add me to the cryers.

We miss you too my friend.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Ummm...add me to the cryers...I know I'm a man...but really...you just made me feel all good inside.

You both are missed! You're almost there! Can't wait to have you back out there with the church helping lead worship Marie! :)

Later!
Ben

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make it unanimous! We're all crying! We miss you all too! We find ourselves looking for you at church, even though we know you aren't there. Hurry home to us. We love you guys so much.
Moms/Pops/Grandma/Papa & Toby

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home