Monday, August 11, 2008

Don't you ever wish...


Yesterday morning, we were all waking up and starting the day when Curly posed a very interesting question...Don't you ever wish you only had one child? What? Other Guy and I looked at each other...did she just say what we think she said? No, we replied, that would mean there was no you or no Moe. She thought about it for a while and just shook her head.


When Other Guy and I went to bed last night, we just laughed out loud!


Well, for those of you who are sitting by the computer desperately waiting...here is an update on the Londoners.


Last week was pretty laid back. We tried to plan out our remaining weekends abroad. The girls and I went to the parks and the market and the fruit stand and the market and the fruit stand and the park and...oh, you get the point.


This weekend we did some of the "London" things we've been waiting to do. If things work out as planned, we won't be in town for the remainder of the weekends.


Other Guy started out at Parliament and then met us at the Transport Museum. The girls really enjoyed it. This place, boring as it sounds, really did things right for young kids. It gave them something to do and touch and climb on whilst Mummy and Daddy got to read lots of cool history on transportation in London. It was very fascinating and if you're every here, I highly recommend it!


We finished out the very rainy day at home and it was the first time we have ever uttered the words, "I'm bored!" It was nice to just kick back though.


Sunday we headed out to an area of town that closes down an entire street and hosts a flower market every Sunday. It was beautiful. We saw flowers and plants that I have never seen before. Other Guy took some pictures and I'll try to post those some time when he gets them loaded.


Other Guy heard about another children's zoo and well let's just say it wasn't pretty! Poor Other Guy...he tries so hard but in his defense, the advice came from a lady with no kids and let's be honest here, has probably NEVER been there. We walked in and looked at each other and said, "Yeah, we won't be here long...careful girls, try not to touch anything!!!" Just a little humor there!


We grabbed some lunch and then went paddle boating. The girls LOVED it. Other Guy and I were taken aback by how difficult it was, mainly because our feet are HUGE. Our poor children don't have a chance...they will have built-in skis when they are ready and they are usable in water or snow!


We ended our day at Hillsong and once again, we were blown away! There was a minister from Los Angeles and man, was he on FIRE! They do this amazing thing every week and quite frankly, I am moved to tears every time. It's hard to describe it in words without it sounding hokey but I'll try...


After they have sung two or three songs, the minister comes out with a hand full of cards. The cards are praises and prayer requests that he announces from stage so the whole church can rejoice with the amazing things God has done and the miraculous things He is going to do. There is music playing and the whole building is claiming the victory over these needs in the blessed name of Jesus Christ. It is so moving...


The service ended with the minister asking us to pray for a couple of teams that are all over the world. Before I know it, he says a team in Jacksonville Florida...WHAT!! I screamed out loud!! he said, "have you heard of this place?" I shook my head and he said, "are you from there?" YESSSSS, I screamed. There is a team there helping out Celebration Church in my home town. That was such a lift, I suddenly didn't feel so very far from home. Isn't that crazy????

The night ended on a very funny note...Curly was wearing braids that day and when we took them out, her hair appeared to be longer. She was running around the apartment singing, "My hair is longer...it's long like Pocahontas...look at my long hair..Hey Moe, do you want to have a party and celebrate my long hair!" Other Guy and I were cracking up! She is so funny! The best part about it was that Moe was just as happy, jumping and singing and more than willing to attend her big sister's party!


Oh one more thing...here are a couple of pics of the pad here in London.








This one is my favorite, but be careful, object are smaller than they appear!!!

Peace OUT!!!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! Miss you guys & looking forward to hearing more about your experiences & having you home!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Daneen said...

THANK YOU now I can picture where you are sitting when you post! wow, that's scary... sounds like I'm obsessing over you, which I'm not, but it's still nice to see the photos of where you are spending your time.

At any rate, it's great to imagine all you are experiencing. Lots o'scrappin' to do with all these London pix.

I love and miss all four of you. can't wait til you get back.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Hearing the stories of Curly and Moe make me miss you all so much! Sounds like Hillsong is an awesome experience. I wish you were back so you could join us for a back-to-school party for us moms. O well, we'll play a round of Skipbo in your honor.
Love ya!

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pics! Especially the one of the fabulous washer and dryer!

Love the story about how God is moving in the church ya'll are attending whilst in London. Sounds awesome!

You are missed my dear.

Safe Travels

9:21 PM  
Blogger K said...

Ok, I don't know why my comment posted like that......o'well.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful entry! I could visualize all of it. I got a special kick out of Curly and Moe singing and dancing about Curly's miraculous longer hair. We miss you guys....this blog didn't help!!! Mom & Pops

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home