Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Cantelopes and Honey Dudes...

Lasterday (as Moe calls it!) was pretty laid back, the girls played really well together and every time I suggested a park, they just said no thank you. They were patiently waiting for Other Guy to come home so he could go to the park with us. I think they really miss him when he's gone, what am I saying! Of course they miss him, I miss him! As I have said before that is the only downer to being here. My best friend works long hours and all my girl friends are a million miles away and we are living in a place that is a fraction of space of what our real home is. Other Guy's home arrival is the highlight of the day because they get another playmate and I get adult conversation!

There are a lot of positives here too! First of all, Other Guy and I started a diet whilst being here. Eat to Live was recommended by my doctor to help me lose weight and get my cholesterol and other things back in order. Just to give you a little bit of background...I have been gaining weight like crazy without any real reason. I exercise every day and Other Guy and I eat pretty good. I knew it was bad when Other Guy sat me down one night and said that even though he would love me no matter what, he was concerned about the weight. Not having any paternal medical background, I don't know what types of things might run in my genes! Back to the story though...

So, we started the diet and it has been great! It has helped us both! We have already lost weight, enough so that we are already having trouble keeping our pants pulled up. That brings a whole new problem...I forgot to bring a belt! Oh well, I'll take it. We eat lots of salads and tons of fresh fruit. The girls love it!

Last night at dinner Curly said that her favorite fruits were Honey Dudes and Cantelopes. Other Guy and I just laughed and she said, "Well, they are my favorite fruit!"

The girls do ask, on a regular basis, how many weeks we have left until we see our friends. They are already making plans for what they want to do. I just smile and give them an update of weeks, days, etc.

We are hoping to get back to Princess Diana's Memorial Park again today...we'll see, it just started raining.

Peace Out!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Addie said...

You GO Girl! I'm so proud of you!!! Hold on to those pants till you can get yourself home. Don't want any faux pas in front of the Brit's! ;-)

All your girlfriends (and curly and moe's) are missing you guys too! We're almost at the halfway point!

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jimmy Luv and I have been on "life style changes", too. Between us, we've lost 54 pounds. Its tough and we have good days and bad but in the end, we're in our 40's with a 3 year old who we'd like to see grow up!!

We miss you and your family. Congrats on the weight loss!!

Susie Luv

10:17 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Woo hoo!!!! Good job on the weight loss! I can't wait to see you and "what's his face"! hehe - you can tell him I said that.

Funny thing...Joe used to say lasterday too. I never wanted to correct him because it was just too cute.

We're counting down the days here too.
Love ya!

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home