Thursday, August 28, 2008

They call me grace...

There is a scene in the movie Dumbo where Mouse E Mouse discovers that Dumbo can fly. He starts yelling in his best New York accent, "Dumbo, you can fly...YOU CAN FLY!!!" I just love that part, there is such excitement and pride in that little mouse for his giant friend.

Well yesterday, nobody was saying that to me except for that little voice in your head that convinces you to do things that aren't too smart.

The girls and I took Other Guy to a new park that we found close to our apartment. It is a nice little park with lots to do. We played monster chase and climbed lots of things...we slid down the slide and climbed up the pirate ship...then we decided it was time to swing, or I did at least.

I just kept swinging higher and higher. I felt like a kid again, even getting that little tickle in your tummy when you start to come back down.

Suddenly, it came to me...I could jump of the swing, I could FLY! I did it as a kid so what's the difference? I will tell you the difference, about 20 years!!!

So, there I was, swinging, swinging, swinging...higher, higher, higher. I moved my hands in place to get ready for the launch. The excitement was building, my palms were actually starting to get damp.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1...BLAST OFF!

I can FLY...I CAN FLY...I FELL! Yep, I landed on my feet for but a moment only to find myself falling on my knees and hands. The two little boys that were there tried to hide their laughter, but heck, I was laughing. I was laughing so hard I began to snort.

I got up, dusted myself off and debated whether or not to tell Other Guy of my adventure. My laughter gave me away though...I had to tell him why I was laughing so hard and why I was limping!

Okay, I'll give you a minute to stop laughing...

Are you finished yet? No, okay...just a few more moments of laughter at my expense!

Now, fast forward to bed time...I started to think of the look on the kids faces and how I would have reacted at their age watching some old lady launch herself from a swing...

I got the worse case of the giggles...it was so funny!

Oh well, from now on, I'll leave the flying to Dumbo and the Sharpay Eagles.

Peace Out!

9 Comments:

Blogger Natasha said...

Ok... definitely leave the flying to Dumbo next time! I can see you doing this in my head, see your laughter and snorting!!

But... you are still young and I say why act your "age"!! Live life to the fullest. Even if you make a fool out of yourself! Love you!

2:31 AM  
Blogger Addie said...

You know, I bet you just didn't do it right. You should really try again. Don't give up! (Psst, Brian, grab the video camera!)

Glad your not hurt. Thanks for the laughs this morning!! Just imagining your laugh after it happened was nice to hear in my head since we haven't heard much of that lovely laugh lately.

Miss ya and Love ya!

6:55 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Oh my word! What a wonderful laugh. Picturing your laugh and snot was all I needed to cheer up my gloomy day!
I love ya, friend!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Oops, I meant laugh and snort not snot but, you know, it might fit.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Daneen said...

I can just hear that laugh/snort combo. I think I heard it last when you were doing tricks on your trampoline and crashed. Love it!

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl you are hilarious!!!! I can see you doing that! I just have to add as well... I have been reading your blogs for a long time now.... I have to tell you these of your London days have been so entertaining and full of beauty.... you go girl!

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HMMM, this sounds familiar...oh yeah, I know someone else who thought he could do something he couldn't - that produced another snort of laughter. Could it consist of Jonathan, a rope, and a tree? No doubt you two are related...Dang if I didn't miss both instances. I'm never i the right place at the right time...

Love ya and miss ya like crazy!

Casi

7:45 AM  
Blogger K said...

oh girlfriend.....how I love to read your blog! I'm sittin' here laughing outloud at your expense.

Love ya
KP

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, can see you doing this in my head. I can even see your preparation! Pops and I are just thankful that you weren't hurt. I can also hear you laughing. You are something else our sweet "daughter"! Makes us miss you all the more. We love you!
Moms & Pops

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home