Friday, August 15, 2008

No Negativity here...


There is a play park here in London that was built as a memorial to Princess Diana. It's a really cool park and you can only go in if you have kids. We have to take a tube to get there but the girls really love it. Tuesday night before putting the girls to bed, I promised them we would go back in the morning and I kept my promise.


We arrived to the gated, guard watched park in the pouring rain and crazy wind. I asked the girls if they wanted to stay and the quickly said yes. "Please mommy, the rain will stop soon and it will be so much fun!" Don't you just love that optimism? So, we stayed and they were right. The rain went away and we did have a great time. They never once complained about being cold, even though their clothes were damp and the wind was blowing like crazy. I was ready to call it a day and pout the whole way home because our day had been ruined. However, their smiles kept things positive and we stayed for a couple of hours. We built sand castles together that as Moe told Daddy later, looked like mountains. I never said I was the artist in the family, but I did try ;0) The day finished up with a ride in a pink bug and a headdressing. (I bought two scarves to try to use them as a belt but the girls decided to wear them like all the other "people they see!")


You can see some pics by clicking HERE!

We finished up the day with a healthy, all American dinner. If you don't believe me, just read the jar, yes I said jar...it will tell you.



Peace Out!!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger David Reber said...

Doesn't look like QT goodness to me.

Thanks for the updates. I'm glad you guys have the chance to experience this.

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed catching up with your activities this morning! The Princess Diana Park looks wonderful! I can see from the pix why the girls would like it so much. We miss you all "4" so much. Moms and Pops

7:59 AM  
Blogger Addie said...

The girls looks just like my people in those pictures! ;-)

I love the girls optimism! Kids have a funny way of adjusting our attitude sometimes.

Miss ya!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Daneen said...

okay, GROSS! don't think I could stomach those...

loved the pix; looks like a great park. I was with you when you bought those sweaters... sniff, sniff, makes me miss you more (as if that's possible).

And yes, of course I will be with you when Curly goes to kdg when you return HOME. It's tough, girl. Tougher than I imagined.

10:49 AM  
Blogger K said...

ummmm, no offense, but those dawgs look disgusting!!!!

It's no wander your beautiful girls are so positive...look who their mama is...and we'll know where it comes from. :)

Glad ya'll are having fun out there in "whilst" land. Miss you and praying for you.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm....

Hotdogs....

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home