Wednesday, August 06, 2008

A time of the heart...

When we first heard about the possibility of London, Other Guy's job was presenting it as being an 18 month to 2 year gig. I really began praying, asking God if this was of Him and what the purpose would be of that kind of move.

To put it mildly, I am a do-er. If there is a need, I generally try to fill it, regardless of the consequences. I try to be "that" friend. The one that helps out in what ever way possible.

God soon revealed to me that He wanted our time in London to be a time of growth. A time of family, a time to grow in our relationship with Him. I tried to transfer that answer when we found out we would only be in London for 8 weeks.

After arriving, I wasn't quite feeling the whole kum ba ya! It was hot, Other Guy was working long hours, I kept getting lost, I had no friends, etc., etc., etc. I talked to my friend Addie about it. I told her that I didn't get how this was supposed to be a time about growing my relationship with God and my family and I had never felt so far away from God. She asked some questions, I answered and she reminded me, in her best pastor's wife way ;0), that I needed to get into the Word, even when I didn't feel like it. Blah, Blah, Blah!

So, I took her advice and things began to turn around! Last night, I experienced another first in London and the scene almost made me cry.

Other Guy, the girls and I sat down around our table and painted. We painted rainbows and people with long, long legs. We made clouds and birds. We painted notes to our friends, we laughed and complimented each other on our artistic abilities. It was wonderful! The girls had our undivided attention. There were no distractions of any kind...no TV, no computer, no phone...Just us! It was a memory I will keep forever.

I look forward to what He has in store for me for the remainder of my trip. I look forward to the growth I will have in Him.

Peace Out

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Addie said...

Was it the blah, blah, blah part that you felt was the most encouraging! :D

I love ya girl, and I know for a fact that you're going to come away from this stronger in your relationship with God than ever. The painting sounds like so much fun. I love it when the simplest things are so meaningful!

I'd love to see the paintings. The one with the long, long legs sounds intriguing and obviously not something our family is familiar with! ;-)

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home