Thursday, July 31, 2008

Oh the shame...

Well, I did it. I can't believe that I did it, but I did. And!!! what makes it worse is that I am admitting it for the whole world to see, right here on my blog.

I keep waiting any minute for there to be a knock on my door and for the fashion police to come busting in. I've been having nightmares about Joan & Melissa Rivers pointing their botox injected fingers at me and saying, "that's the one...she did it, take her in and take her kids from her too!"

Are you ready?

I pegged my kids pants yesterday. Go ahead, suck in your breath at the utter shock of this moment. But, at least, give me the opportunity to explain myself.

We were at St. James Park and the girls were wearing these new cotton pants. (By the way, Children's Place Outlet had them for like a dollar) and they wanted to play in the sand pit but they just kept tripping over their pants. So I called them over and tried to role them up but they just wouldn't stay people! I had to think fast...our afternoon was starting to go down hill...something had to be done. Suddenly an 80 something flashback hit me like a ton of bricks...I could peg their pants and just keep rolling them up that way. That should work, I'll try it and it did. It was like a ray of sunshine came down upon us and I started to hear music and it was beautiful and, and, and...

oh, it was just the royal marching band coming through the park. Oh, well, I lived my moment and thought the fashion gods were on my side.

Please keep it to yourself though, I don't want to damage the girls physique.

Peace Out

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too funny, Marie. Laughed out loud at this one. Thanks for blogging. Your Grace family misses you SO SO much.

Susie Luv

9:50 AM  
Blogger Natasha said...

FLASHBACKS!!! Would have loved to have gotten a picture of the girls and put it next to one with you and I with our pants like that when we were younger!

Love you!
Natasha

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home