Sunday, July 27, 2008

A bunch of dead guys...

Yesterday was a packed day. We started out the morning at Westminster Abbey. That was AMAZING. I found myself in awe of the architecture. I can not fathom how people hundreds of years ago were able to create this stuff. It is beautiful. The girls did really well. The just rode around in their stroller, completely unaware of where they were or the significance it held.

I will say that all the names start to confuse you a little. What is it with the British? (No offense Alex!) They just keep naming their kids after moms, dads, grandparents, parents...Elizabeth I, Elizabeth II, Mary I, Mary II...who are they really??? George Foreman??? Come up with some original names people!!!

For some reason, it really disturbed me to know that Charles Darwin is buried there. I mean really, the man who claimed we "evolved" from apes. Did he really deserve to be buried in a church? In that church, no less? Oh well, I guess you could say, who's laughing now? I'm sorry, I guess that is a little harsh...the heat is getting to me.

After the abbey, we hopped a couple of tubes and went to Little Venice. Here in London, they have "walks." You pay a guy five pounds and then he takes you on a tour of an area and shows you things and tells you it's history. Although it was a long walk, it was really fascinating. Before yesterday, I didn't even know there was a place called Little Venice in London. Our guide was a really neat guy too.

Then we went back to St. James Park and sat down to watch a brass concert and eat ice cream. We were shortly kicked out of our seats because you have to "rent" them...no thank you, I'll just sit in the grass.

Well, I gotta run...we are headed off to church. There is a Hillsong church here and let me say, I am very, very excited. Music has always been a strong connection for me. I love listening to my Praise and Worship music and not having a car, I miss being able to sing my heart out to God. Did I mention how excited I am?

Peace Out...I'll update photos later.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey - sounds like ya'll are having lots of fun. The tidbit of info on Charles Darwin was a crack-up. I agree with you on your stance though. Did you get my email? Miss you all soooo much!

Love,
Casi

12:20 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Hope you'll want to come back to your little worship team back in KS after hearing Hillsong. :)

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I ever tell you I am Alexandra XV?

8:10 AM  
Blogger Addie said...

They broke the mold after Alexandra the XV!

;-)

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home