Friday, July 25, 2008

So, let's fill you in on the last couple of days...



Yesterday, the girls and I got to spend the day with some friends from our church...Yes ladies and gents, Grace church has come to London. Okay, well maybe not the ENTIRE church but you have to admit it's pretty cool to know somebody here!



Our friends, Kevin & Suzanne and their kids, are here on a European vacation that started here in London. We enjoyed some museums together whilst Other Guy was working. The girls LOVED IT! It was so nice to have extra hands and have adult conversation. I just love them. They are also Curly's Sunday School Teachers so she immediately wanted to know if one of her best friends was with them. I don't think she fully grasps the distance thing.



Any hoo! I'll share some pics with them in a later post, maybe this evening.



Couple of funny stories...


Let me start by saying that I love our worship minister back home. He is like a brother to me and his wife is one of my nearest, dearest friends. That being said, I constantly harass him about odd things, like his choice of shoes. He likes to wear those shoes that make him look like he is still in middle school or maybe just a skater dude (which, to my knowledge, he is not!) Anyway, I think they are called Converse. Anyway, when we were on the plane, Curly sees a cartoon drawing of a guy that is about two inches big and says, "Look Daddy, it's Mr. Ben!" The cartoon figure was wearing a pair of those shoes ;0)



Today, we spent the majority of the afternoon at St. James Park. They usually feed the pelicans that are there but of course, not today. Oh well, we will try again next week. The girls did get to feed a couple of squirrels. A nice man gave them some peanuts to feed them and they came up and took them right out of their hands. Then they sat on their back legs and cracked them open and came back for more. It was really neat.


One other thing before I close. Upon arriving here I laid eyes upon one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. Needless to say, I am shocked as I type this that I am admitting this for all the world to read. I haven't even told Other Guy yet. I have fallen in love with a new love of my life. My heart skips a beat at the mere sight of this lovely creature. I am lost without him and think of him often. I think Other Guy is onto me though, the private eye he hired caught this picture of me and my new love...enjoy.



Peace Out!

















Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly, I think other guy will understand the new love in your life. You are so funny! Pops and I do enjoy reading your blogs. It was so great hearing from you guys today. Oh, how we do miss you all.

Know that you are loved and thought about often...from the folks at home.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Addie said...

You know it's not true love because your eyes aren't closed in the picture. I can't tell, but does your right leg kick up a little bit behind you when you two embrace?

What is that thing anyway? Glad you had fun yesterday with a little taste of home! Wish we could come and hang out for the day!

Cracks me up she thought of Ben! :D

11:11 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

I'm a trend setter...you know it! And so what if I've worn these shoes since 6th grade. I am thrilled that she thought of me...thankfully I don't wear some bland shoe like Nike...otherwise she wouldn't have thought of me when she saw the pic.

Nice fan! Miss you guys!

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got home and wanted you to know that I have already gone to the grocery store, unpacked and done 2 loads of laundry. I'm also still thawing that steak.

I miss you.

Casi

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Marie,

I am so glad you got there safe and sound. I am sure the AC thing stinks. Sounds like other than that you are already having fun. Say hi to the T.'s for us!

Claire

7:45 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Hey Casi! Welcome home. Send me an email when you get a chance. I've tried to email you and it keeps coming back to me.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Daneen said...

Oh girl I miss that humor of yours.

Glad to hear you are enjoying things so far. Please keep us "posted"!

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you, Marie!!! It's nice to hear from a fellow world travler! I am so glad to read your blog! As always, you make me laugh. Can't wait to see you guys and hear all your amazing stories when you get back. I know Addie misses you something fierce not to mention "Mr. Ben". --- Love you guys... Karen and Tass

11:34 AM  
Anonymous London Shoes said...

wHi I found this information helpful and was wondering if you could recommend a place to buy these shoes in the uk.
Although I often have a hard time waiting for something that I have ordered online, its hard to beat the selection and prices. It seems the more that I shop online, the more I like it.
Thanks you for writing this information in your blog and i think its worth bookmarking your site, to return for more useful tips.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home