Thursday, April 17, 2008

No sweeter name (or thing)

We are singing a new song at our church that I just love. The title is "No Sweeter Name" and I would fully agree with the lyrics that there is no sweeter name than the name of Jesus. However, I will add to that statement that there is no sweeter thing than to hear your children telling each other about our Lord and Savior.

Case in point...

Location: Me & Other Guy in living room, Curly & Moe in playroom right outside of said living room.

Conversation:

Curly - "Hey Moe Moe, did you know that Jesus feeds people?"

Moe - "Are you serious?"

Curly - "Yes, I learned about it at church!"

Moe - (in full awe of her big sister) "Wow!"

Curly - "Do you want me to tell you the story?"

Moe - no response

Curly - no response means YES I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO SAY!

Curly - "Jesus took a little boy's lunch and fed five thousand hundred million people" (Okay, so she's a little fuzzy with the math...but stick with me!)

Moe - "Cool!"

Curly - "And do you know what he fed them with?"

Moe - "What...chicken?"

Curly - "No silly head, with bread and fish...(squishing up nose) do we eat fish?"

Moe - "No, that's disgusting!" (oh, if they only knew. We have a salt water tank in our house so fish are friends...not food!)

Curly - "Jesus made people eat bread and fish because they were hungry and so he fed them. He is so AWESOME!"

Moe - "You are right, sister, Jesus is Awesome!"


Now come on, you would have to agree that although the name of Jesus is the sweetest name, "I could have no greater joy than to know that my children live in the truth."

Can a sista' get an amen!?!

Peace Out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Cute! Kari Jobe is currently one of my fave worshippy leaders. (I think you "borrowed" my cd of hers.)

Your kidlets are awesome!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

So, so cute! I can just see their little faces as the excitedly had this discussion.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home