Thursday, January 17, 2008

Fear...

Fear is a mysterious thing that is very hard to put into words. It has a way of sneaking up on you in moments that you think you are immune. It has a way of turning something and twisting it until you find yourself questioning all you know to be true. I must admit that today I am fearful. I am fearful of the unknown, the upcoming, the answers. I won't go into a lot of details but I will say that I need your prayers. I don't want to be afraid, to be fearful. I so desperately want to cling to the promises that God has given to me. I know that He is in control right now but I also know that sometimes His answer is no and although that is His will, it is frightening.

There is a song by Jeremy Camp entitled Longing Heart and it is beautiful. It begins by saying, "What can separate us from the love of Jesus Christ, nothing this world could even change. I thought I once was lost but now have been given grace. It is a mystery that I will not chase! Yes, it's a mystery that I will not chase. You, you, you are what this heart is longing for. Oh, Jesus you are all my soul is pleading for...well I don't understand it, how you love the way you do. Even when I've fallen you always lift me up to you."

Father, you are what I am longing for at this moment. I pray for your mercy and your grace. I plead for an open heart to accept whatever answers you have for me. Help me to crawl into your lap and feel your peace embrace me. Help me to trust in you and to not be afraid. Amen

While researching fear, I found this really cool website that has notes from a sermon on Fear. It's pretty cool and I look forward to reading all the verses.

Peace Out!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rebekah said...

That is a great study on fear. I will have to look some of those verses up too.
Prayin' for ya sister!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

Praying for you and trusting that the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus.
(Phil 4:6-8)

Love ya girl!!!

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the study, and appreciate the link. I'm sure that I will keep returning to read section D #5 repeatedly. You are in my heart, my thoughts, and my prayers but more importantly I know that as a child of God, you are in the shelter of His loving arms.
Love you!

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marie-

I join the others who have commented in saying that I am praying for you.

Susan

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home