Tuesday, January 29, 2008

With a Voice of Triumph!

This week has been an interesting one for me. During that blessed annual exam that we women have to endure each year, my doctor found a "thickening" in my left breast. We decided to order blood work and do a sonogram. Unfortunately, both of those events did not occur until last week.

Well, fast forward to Sunday morning. Our praise band did a new song by Hillsong entitled Salvation is Here. And no disrespect to Hillsong but my MAN, my brotha from another motha, Ms. Gina, Soakie, Jimmy Luv, Little G, Dr. John and Sam "I am a rockstar" totally blew it out of the water! Yes sir-re bob, that was me in the back of the worship center with my hands raised, tears streaming, "It's gonna be alright. Cause I know my God saved the day. And I know His word never fails. And I know my God made a way for me. Salvation is here!" Those were my friends, too, with hands raised high praising our Creator for his awesome answer to prayer. You see my sonogram was negative and that moved me in a big way.

Satan has a way of taking something that has the potential to be bad and blowing it out of proportion. He didn't want me to rely on God and trust him for his answer, regardless of what it might have been. Satan wanted to scare me with thoughts of breast cancer and memories of what my sister has gone through and continues to go through. But with the help of Other Guy, my family and my friends, I kept my eyes on the prize and stayed focused on the fact that God had this in the bag and would see me through, regardless. He only wanted me to trust him.

We ended the service this week with another Hillsong praise song and whether they realized it or not, our praise band answered God's call and played a song that enabled me to Shout unto to God with a voice of triumph, Shout unto God with a voice of praise.

Join with me this week, because regardless of what is going on in your life right now...The enemy has been defeated. And death couldn't hold You down. We're gonna lift our voice in victory, we're gonna make Your praises loud. Shout unto God with a voice of triumph! Shout unto God with a voice of praise! We lift Your name up...We lift Your name up!

And all God's children said....AMEN and AMEN!

Peace Out!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The results are very good news indeed and a big "Praise God"; well, I guess it would be "Praise God" regardless of the results, but I rejoice with you that the sonogram was negative!!!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Addie said...

What an amazing week you had! God is so good, and your trust in his sovereignty was encouraging to watch.

Worship in the midst of a trial is encouraging and uplifting, but on the other side of a trial, it's just down right incredible! :D

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy to read the good news...mom had filled me in there might be a problem...i have had you in my prayers. You never cease to amaze me Marie... I only wish I had your strength. I love you girl....you are always an inspiration!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I prayed for you re: medical tests but didn't know what I was praying for. How scared you must've been! I'm so happy to hear of the outcome. I, too, was moved by the straightforward message of that particular song. God's faithfulness is overwhelming!

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the good news, Marie. I checked back anxiously all week wondering when you'd update your blog and then FINALLY good news!! I've been praying for you.

Susan (Mrs. Luv)

3:48 PM  
Anonymous breast lift los angeles said...

Its really great review to know about this information..Thanks a lot for sharing your post.

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home