Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Auction, anybody?

So here's the deal! My friend is finally (or I guess I should say hopefully, finally) getting a baby. The family has gone through a lot to try to give their precious Maddie a sibling and it looks like it is finally going to happen. The only problem is that it leaves friends (& family) wondering how they can help. Well, I don't know know much but I know I love, oh wait a minute, I got a little caught up in song lyrics...imagine that!


What I do know is that adoption is expensive and they have been working really hard to pay off debts and save money to welcome this new little girl. So, I said to myself, "Self, how can I help? What can I do?" and here is what my "self" came up with.


I would like to auction off a dinner. I will come to your house, bring the groceries, prepare a meal, serve your family and then do the dishes. Whatever you want to eat...if I don't already know how to make it, I'll learn!


Now, here's where you come in! Post a response on my blog and start the bidding. 100% of the money will go to the family. If you live too far away (like my family) and you just want to do something nice for somebody who has been incredibly wonderful to me, then just make a donation. It is NOT, I repeat NOT, a tax deduction...it's just doing the right thing for a family that really deserves it. It's just being able to have the feeling of knowing you did something right for nothing in return!




So, get to it people!


Peace Out!

7 Comments:

Blogger Rebekah said...

What a great idea and very creative!
Well - where do we start? Let's kick it off low at $20 and see where we go from here! I'm guessing I'll be back! heh.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Daneen said...

oh Marie, what do I say. I am bawling as I type this. You are truly a friend who puts everyone before yourself. I love you.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We think it's a great idea too. Since we sampled Marie's cooking for eight months we raise the bid to $30.00. Sandy and Tom

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, how much to get you to cook me a meal? okay, okay, alright already..... How about this.... When "Moe's" b-day box arrives, you make it a point to look for the "extra's" I'll be putting in it tonight so I can ship it tomorrow! I only thought I was shipping it out today! I love you and the things you do!!!
Mom

6:18 AM  
Blogger Addie said...

I'll raise the bid to $35. Yummo, sounds good!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

I will up the ante to $50. Even if we don't win I will gladly offer any help/advice if the winner picks something you don't know how to cook.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

What a great idea! We have two sets of friends in our church that are in the process of adopting right now. It's so exciting to watch their journeys! They are doing a yard sale next month to raise money!

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home