Thursday, June 14, 2007

Excited just doesn't quite cut it!

Okay, here's how the conversation played out...

Phone rings, I answer...

Me: Hello

Sista: What's up?

Me: Oh, not much. How are you feeling? (sister just had full hysterectomy on June 4th)

Sista: Well, this has really kicked me in the butt, but I'm hangin in there. Hey, remember when we joked about me coming there during my recovery?

Me: (heart starts beating out of chest) Yes?????

Sista: Well, how about these dates...

Me: (Telling myself calmly, just breathe, keep control...it's not a definite) Oh that would be great but we are going to be out of town for part of that.

Sista: Oh, well...let me call you back.

Me: Uhhh, okay (trying really hard not to sound to disappointed or desperate!)

Phone rings later:

Me: Hello

Sista: Hey you! What about these dates...

Angels: Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Me: That is AWESOME, OH my gosh, I'm so excited...my heart is racing, I think I'm sweating!

Sista: Calm down, calm down, it's just me.

Me: It's just you, just you...WHATEVER!!! I am putting the dates in RED in the calendar, you are officially obligated to visit me...oh, wait, guess what, the dates you are coming Other Guy is leading worship at our church!

Sista: SWWWWWEEEEEEET!

Me: I KNOW! Okay, well let me go get some oxygen or something...I'm actually light headed!

Sista: Okay, well I'll talk to you later

Me: NOOOOO, make that I'll see ya later!

All that to say, MY SISTER IS COMING TO VISIT ME (& the rest of the family too) BUT REALLY TO VISIT ME and I'm very pumped!

Well, gotta run, I'm helping with SBO jr this week (Our version of Vacation Bible School) and I've got to get some sleep. I am T-I-RED!

By the way, be in prayer for Other Guy tomorrow he is having Lasik. Also, remember my friend's the Allen's who have welcomed a new little one to their family. May she bless them in ways that only a little girl can.

Peace Out!

3 Comments:

Blogger Addie said...

YAY!!! Can't wait to meet you Natasha!!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Daneen said...

I almost feel sorry for you, Natasha - all these friends of Marie's just dying to meet you... including me! looking forward to it. :O)

5:57 PM  
Blogger Daneen said...

oh yeah, you've been tagged Marie. :O)

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home