Monday, March 26, 2007

And again, I say, Cry out to Jesus...


"When you're lonely, and it feels like the whole
world is falling on you,
You just reach out, you just cry out to Jesus,
cry out to Jesus"
~Third Day


For every woman out there, there has always been "that" man in your life...you know, the one before your husband. For some it is a father, for some a grandfather or an uncle or a brother but for a lucky few of us, it is a red head with big brown eyes and a white patch on his chest...for me it was my dog, my beloved Amos.


After 12 years together, I had to put my dog to rest and I am really hurting. That sweet boy saw me through everything...through crappy times of dating to the wonderful life of marriage and even the birth of my girls.


On Saturday, I took our dogs in for their routine haircut and wanted to talk to the vet about a couple of strange things Amos had been doing lately. Much to my dismay, she thought Amos had a brain tumor as well as advanced heart disease.


I cried my eyes out yesterday...I miss my dog, my girls miss him, my other dog misses him, even "other guy" misses him (well, let's be honest here, I'm not quite sure he misses the dog that bit him on occasion, one time even drawing blood - but hey, he knew we were a package deal, get me, get my dog!) but he is hurting for how it affected our family.


So, I am going to hold fast to the movie theme, that All Dogs DO go to heaven!


Peace Out!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Natasha said...

Amos was a wonderful dog! Darryl and I enjoyed being and spending time with him. He was so sweet and affectionate....maybe not to the "other guy", but he was to us. We will miss him and our heart go out to you as you are hurting. I know what it feels like to be in that room knowing that it is the only option and watching them fade away. It is a helpless feeling. Amos will always be remembered and loved.

I love you Marie and I wish that I could be there with you during all that is happening in your life right now.
Tasha

4:16 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this, Marie! It is never easy to say goodbye to a friend...human or dog. I'm prayin' for ya!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

Amos was such a good dog! I can't imagine your house without him being there.

Much love to you girl!

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marie,
Being a fellow animal lover...I am so sorry about Amos...It is amazing how our pets become family members, and it hurts so bad to let go...when I had to have my moms poodle put down I was devasted...not only cause the dog was part of my growing up, but it signafied to me the last "breathing" part of my mom...i felt I had failed because she had to go down....I feel your pain.

Know that I am here if you need anything...

Love you girl....
Again I am sorry things are tough right now....

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home