Sunday, February 18, 2007

Little Old Ladies...



I once received a card from a dear friend of mine that I still have to this day. I save it in a special place in my home that has cards and letters that I have saved from my husband, friends, family, etc. I came across that card the other day and had to laugh...the part that made this card so funny now is that our daughters are growing up together to be just as close friends. That particular day they were playing dress up together and I snapped a few pictures.


Here's the poem from the card and some photos to make you smile. In the words of my friend Christine & Tracie, "Have you found somebody to DO life with?" I love the fact that I have friends that I can call at any time of day for any reason at all but I also cherish the fact that I can simply grocery shop with them and it be meaningful!


Let's become little old ladies together - we'll stay up late looking at photo albums,
telling "remember when" stories, and laughing until our sides ache.
Let's become eccentric together - we'll be the kind of old ladies
who wear silly hats and get away with behaving badly
in public places.
And if anybody should ask how long we've been friends,
we'll say, "Oh forever - since before you were even born!"
Let's become little old ladies together - because a
friendship like ours can only grow better through the years.

-Jennifer Fujita










Peace Out!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marie - I am so blessed that God chose me to get to be your friend. I treasure you, I admire you, I'm thankful for you. But mainly, I just love you. In some instances, water is thicker than blood. And when the girls are getting married we'll wear our big feather hats - sit side by side - and if we're in metal seats I'll try to fart real loud to break up our sobbing with some laughter. Do you think thats the kind of odd behavior we'll be able to get away with? Guess there's only one way to find out...

Love, Casi

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, that Sydney is so cute. I'm going to be sad when she's not in the Walker's nursery anymore...selfish, but true. :)

8:09 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

Look at how CUTE they are!!!

That poem is just awesome! Love the line; And if anybody should ask how long we've been friends,we'll say, "Oh forever - since before you were even born!"

I NEED my girlfriends to 'DO' life with! Thanks for being one of 'em!

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home