Tuesday, February 20, 2007

One is the loneliest number...



Do you remember that song? I know this may come as a shock to some of you but I can't remember who sang it or the year it came out or now that I think about it, I really can't even remember all of the lines but I think he had it wrong! If you talk to any mom whose husband works out of town or any dad who has a wife that works out of town...one is NOT the loneliest number, sometimes it's two or three or four or even more (God Bless the parent of that many, or more, children!)


Other Guy has recently taken a job that takes him out of town sometimes. At first, I thought, hey that will be pretty cool. You know, catch up on my reading, organize the pantry, etc., etc. You all know what I'm talking about, the things that you want to do or need to do but don't really take the time to do because given the choice, you'd rather spend time with the person you love. Well, being alone STINKS! I love being with my girls, don't get me wrong. Speaking of which, Curly said the thing tonight that every mother longs to hear someday and she said it all on her own with NO PROMPTING! "Mommy, you are the best mommy in the whole wide world!" Boy howdy, I almost cried. But as sweet and wonderful as that was, it doesn't take the place of "Other Guy", the person that completes my thoughts, knows when something is bothering me, makes me laugh after a hard day, reaches for my hand in bed simply to tell me he loves me and that he hopes I have sweet dreams. I miss his scent and oddly enough, I miss the little snore he makes while he is sleeping peacefully next to me. When I wake up in the middle of the night after a bad dream, I simply need to hear that snoring man to know that all is well in the Kingdom known as our family.


I mean really, who wouldn't miss this face...



All that to say, I may not be "one" tonight but that doesn't change the fact that I'm lonely and I miss my husband. So, hurry home love of my life...I'll be here, waiting patiently for your return.


On a side note, God Bless all of the military families out there. To the ones who sacrifice so much for somebody like me. While I only suffer a night or two or three, I can not imagine the loneliness you face for months on end. Stay strong and I pray your loved ones come home safe and bring their scent and snoring sounds with them.


Peace Out.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful sentiment. You have such a lovely way with words. Thank you for sharing your heart with all of us.

Pops and I can't wait to be closer to you all. It won't be long now...

We love you all sooooo much,
Sandy

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marie, I don't think it matters if it's just one night without our hubbies.....it seems like forever, doesn't it? It's hard when they're not there, things just don't seem quite right. You put it perfectly.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home