Thursday, March 22, 2007

Cry out to Jesus...

"for every one who's lost someone they love, long before it was their time.
You feel like the days you had were not enough when you said goodbye...
there is hope for the helpless, rest for the weary
Love for the broken heart There is grace and forgiveness,
mercy and healing He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus, cry out to Jesus" ~Third Day

It has been a very sad week for me. On Monday night/Tuesday morning, my best friend Casi lost her brother in a car accident. Although I had only recently met Chase, I loved him like my own brother. I have listened to many stories about him, great stories of their growing up together, his antics, his love of fishing and his love of University of Tennessee football. Because of my love for Casi, I feel as though I knew him better than I actually did.

Needless to say, my friend is hurting and I feel helpless. There is so much going on right now with her family during this sadness and I hate that I am not right there with her. I wish I could do something really ridiculous right now just to make her laugh out loud, you know one of those really good cackles. I wish I could some how go back in time and wrestle the keys out of Chase's hands, I wish I could chase away the demons he faced in his life, I wish I could ease the pain that his family is feeling right now. I wish I could offer some sense of healing that will only come with time. Mainly I wish I could wrap my arms around my friend, no my sister, and tell her that everything is going to be okay. But in the mean time, say a prayer for her and for the entire Clower/Quinn family.

I saw this quote today and thought I would share it with you..."Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Peace Out!

4 Comments:

Blogger Addie said...

Casi -
My heart broke for you when I heard the news. I am SO SORRY for what you are going through right now. Please know you've been in my prayers this week.

Marie - Great reminder that he'll meet us wherever we are. I read your encouraging comment over at Daneens about the quote from Rev 7:17 "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." I pray Casi feels HIS strength and comfort in a powerful, powerful way right now!

Much Love,
Ad

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Casi, I am praying or you and your entire family. Praise God for his unending love and comfort. He is holding you in His arms now and I pray that you find peace there.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Daneen said...

Casi,
I feel as though I know you as a friend, based upon all Marie says. I hurt for you and with you. I am praying for you, your family and all who knew and loved Chase.

I have no words except those I've held with the tightest grip over the years: "Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’" Isaiah 41:10.

Marie, I hurt for you also. It's never easy to see those you love in such pain.

Addie, I miss your blog, girlfriend! :O)

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marie,

I am sorry that you are going through such a tough time..You are in my thoughts and prayers. I lost a very close friend in March of last year to drunk driving, same senerio...I had been begging and talking to him about his addictions, he just would not stop. He left a beutiful 8 yr old daughter and two sons, in their pre-teens....I especially had a hard time, I felt I did not do enough to save this man...I understand.

Lord knows over the years you have been there for me....if there is ANYthing I can do for you...pls call on me. I love you Marie and things will get better.

Love & Prayers,
Ginger

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home