Monday, March 12, 2007

And on the 8th day, God created CHOCOLATE!


Well, let me just tell you that it has been one of those weeks. You know the kind where you meet yourself coming and going. In the south we have two ways of describing these times, (1) Busier than a one armed wall paper hanger (2) - my personal favorite, Busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest!

I have been stressed and indulge me by letting me tell you why. Both Curly and Moe have been sick. Curly has done amazingly well, nothing a little antibiotic and a good round of chase around the living room won't cure but Moe on the other hand is a different story. You know those tubes we had put in about 8 wks ago, well something is WRONG! I took her in on Thursday because frankly she wasn't herself and was being meaner than a rattlesnake. Low and behold, she has an ear infection. In the words of my pediatrician, "that's the worst looking ear with tubes that I have ever seen and I've been in practice for a while!" Now WHAT? We are giving her antibiotics and we'll see what happens.

Also, Other Guy is not doing so hot either. We found out that he has problems with multiple discs in his back and is facing surgery.

This on top of just an over all feeling of unimportance and a case of the "not good enoughs" can really get a girl down. But help is on the way...the in-laws are coming. They are en route as I type and words can NOT EXPRESS how EXCITED I am. Let the date night return my friend.

However, I must admit that this is not the only thing that has me giddy right now. Friendship does! Today, I have had two people reach out to me in BIG WAYS! The cool thing is that these gals are doing this with no ulterior motive. Just simply acted on God's gentle pushing. One person I don't even know, she is my Mystery MOP from MOPS and this morning she gave me a card that told me to relax and have some ME time and if that wasn't encouraging enough, she gave me chocolate, yes ladies and gents the cure all...CHOCOLATE.

The other gal simply knocked on my door. I have only recently met Bekah through a dear friend of mine, Addie. She and Addie grew up together and I must admit, I like this chick! Although, don't play SKIPBO with her because SHE CHEATS!!! Just kidding, she just beats me and so I am bitter.

All on her own, she took the time to call Addie, get directions to my house, which I might add isn't exactly around the corner from her, and drove over here with CHOCOLATE! She rang my doorbell and left it with a note saying this, "I know you seemed stressed on Thursday and you still seemed stressed yesterday at church...soooooo...I figured some medication was in order! Enjoy, Bekah!"

HELLO....is that cool or what? Am I that kind of friend? I sure hope so.

So to all of you out there in BLOG world, may somebody bring you chocolate to brighten your day...or whatever your poison may be.

Peace Out!

Marie

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah W. said...

What a great blessing!! Mystery MOPS is the best....my person gives the BEST stuff! So I see what you mean :).

So fun the inlaws are coming!! YAY!!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Daneen said...

You always put such great comments on my blog... oh the pressure. :O)

It's only Tues but I just knew you were having one of those weeks. Thank God for your secret MOPS buddy and Bekah. He takes such care of us, doesn't He?

I'm with ya on the chocolate, but I have to admit if someone showed up with a bottle of a great red wine, I'd be happier. Guess my poison is a little more poisonous than yours! love ya - d

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marie....yes, you ARE that kind of friend. And you know Satan is just working that case of the "not good enoughs" in your head because you are so worthy girl.

Your comments, your posts, and your overall funny nature always bring a small to my face.

Enjoy that chocolate my friend, you deserve it. Sick families are no fun.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Jatin Sethi said...

happy chocolate day messages

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home