Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Meet Obi-Wan!



In the words of Lena Horne, "I can't help lovin' that man of mine!" After suffering through the SINGLE most difficult moment of my life thus far (putting my dog down), my knight in shining armor gave a new ray of sunshine in my life.



It is with great pleasure that I introduce Obadiah (which is a book of the Bible and all of our dogs so far have had a Biblical name), or Obi-Wan, my 13 wk old Scottish terrier. We "rescued" him for the Scottish Terrier Rescue of Kansas City and he is too cute...trouble with a capital T, but sweet and cute!





He is such a sweet boy and has helped to fill a large void in our home. However, I must give credit where credit is due and say that his name was inspired by our music minister's strong love of Star Wars. Ben recently had to opportunity to preach at our church for the first time. It was a perfect opportunity since the sermon series was, Reel Faith, and used movies in every sermon. It was Ben's life long dream come true, to stand on a dark stage, just a man and his light saber...oh what a wonderful day it was for geeks everywhere!

Peace Out!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Addie said...

Oh, you could just eat him up with a spoon he's so cute! I can't wait to meet him ... even if his nickname is Obi-wan! ;-)

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! He is plum adorable Marie! Our we bringing him to town for the wedding? If so I know someone who would love to dog sit...lives in the country....plenty of running room, 3 dashounds to keep him company...hint hint!!!

Hopefuly, things will start looking up for you and your family.

TTYL....
Love ya girl!
Ginger

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the dog! And the name is oh so fitting. I'm proud of you and Brian both for taking a step into a much larger world by naming him Obi-Wan.

Proud Geek I am!

:)

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home