Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Look and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened!



I had three really important meetings this week. Some I was looking forward to and some, well not so much. But the cool thing about all of these meetings was that I met God there. Even at the meeting(s) that I wasn't too sure of the outcome, He grabbed my hand, pulled me in the door and helped me through and I am so glad that he did.

I am happy to say that about six months ago God led me to a little place called Grace Church. I was a southern girl who was a long way from home with a heavy heart and a sick child. I was longing for the family I once had through my church back home. I missed going to services with my husband. (We were attending different services due to Moe being sick!) So, I called back home to my beloved Nursery Director, Phyllis. For those of you who don't have a Phyllis in your life, oh how you are missing out...she is who I long to be when I grow up! Anyway, Phyllis listened to my tears and then ever so gently found a way to say, "It's time to suck it up girl! Let's find you a group of moms. Let's see, something national...aaahhhhhhaaaaa, MOPS (Mothers of PreSchoolers)!" I went that very moment to the MOPS website and found Grace. I called and they didn't have a MOPS group yet, they had actually just turned in their application that week. I knew God was trying to tell me something so we visited and my life has never been the same.

There is a group called Phillips, Craig and Dean that has a song that says to a "T" all that Grace is. The words were not written for my beloved church but they should have been. I know it's a little bit of a play on words but just read it and you'll see.

"I know there is a place
where arms of compassion welcome me home
Sweet mercies fall like rain
I know there's a place, called Grace."
Don't you just love that! My husband and I are now part of something that is so great that sometimes I have to pinch myself. I have found life long friends in a matter of days, began serving, but most of all these group of people have welcomed my family. They have seen our needs and gone out of their way to meet them. I have been inspired in a new way to share the gospel of Jesus Christ simply because of their willingness to be like Him.
If you don't have that type of church home, please know that you will be in my prayers. Keep searching, find it because "I know there's a place, called Grace!"

Peace Out!

PS If you have a child that is pre school age, meaning under the age of entering Kindergarten, please go to http://www.mops.org/ and find a local group in your area. You will find comfort in knowing there are other women who struggle with the same issues, laugh at the same things and occasionally forget the diaper bag too!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless you, Marie. You are so awesome and we are blessed to have you in our lives. We love you, Curly, Moe and the Other Guy so much and we so look forward to being close to you. We are praying that it will happen soon.

Thank you for blessing us...

Mom/Sandy and Dad/Pops

3:51 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

OK, well first of all, I think you are a better database of songs than iTunes! I'm gonna have to come up with something to do whenever Marie thinks of a new song. (You know, because my original suggestion probably wouldn't fly.) ;-)

Anyhoo! I LOVE how God brought y'all to Grace. I'd pick bugs off ya anytime girl! ;-)

9:24 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Wow. That was really encouraging. You and Brian are both a great blessing not only to Grace but to my family. You helped give Addie her southern accent that she burried long ago.

Love you both!

Ben

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the pics!! Good words of encouragement. Glad to know that all is well in KC.

Love to all,

Other Guy's Big Bro

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home