Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Update...



I wanted to thank you all for your kind words and your prayers. My sister has had a very interesting week filled with a lot of things that honestly just don't make sense! She received a call from her surgeon's office on Monday saying they wanted to cancel the surgery and schedule an office visit. Well, this upset her to no end and she demanded to speak directly to the doctor! (You go girl, it seems as though your little sister's demanding ways, strong will and big, bad temper are wearing off on you!) Well, the surgeon told her he was sorry for the "mix up" but after realizing that she had had a PET scan and after viewing the results, he found the surgery pointless. He said he would rather do a Needle Biopsy in the office since based on the PET scan he was sure of what she was dealing with, he would rather not put her through two surguries. Meaning, he was convinced it was/is cancer.

Okay, let me calm myself for a minute because the head is getting hot, the fingers are getting damp and the southern accent is about to start flying....whhhhewww, that's better.

Long story even longer...he then calls her back yesterday and tells her that he doesn't think the needle biopsy will be sufficient enough and keeps her appt for surgery today. All that being said, she felt as though she were in a complete whirlwind and rightfully so!

I am happy to report that Natasha's surgery went well today. Praise God!! As we speak, she should be on her way home since it was outpatient. (I think that at the rate insurance and medicine are going, it won't be long before we are pulling through a drive-thru saying, Yes, I'll have one c-section with a side order of tummy tuck and boob job...oh and throw in a diet coke too!)

All kidding and temper tantrums aside, I would just like to type again and again and again, that I love my sister...she INSPIRES me and I look forward to the day we see each other again!

Peace Out!

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather Smith said...

I'm praying for your sister! God Bless!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

OK, so we've already talked, you already heard my grunts of disbelief. To recap:
Surgeon = Needs a good swift kick & bedside manner lessons

Natasha = Bless her heart & I'm still prayin'

But that drive-thru surgery comment cracked me up. "Throw in a diet coke too!" :-)

3:34 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Glad surgery went okay! I said a special prayer just for her!!

The drive through surgery thing cracked me up, too. I actually wrote about this on my blog once. We were waiting in the pre-op room when a surgeon walked in and said "Okay, so who's next?" My husband then replied what if you could drive up and order surgery like you do with food? So your comment brought back good memories!

Again, I'm so happy she's done with this part of it. I will be praying for the rest!!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home