Friday, August 11, 2006

Friendship

First and foremost, thank you all who have responded and/or emailed. Your kind words mean a lot. But, I also want to ask all of you to not use any names, etc. For my family's safety, I am leaving the girls' names to just Curly & Moe...one can never be to careful in the world of the great wide web. Thanks for understanding.

Okay, so I have accomplished the feat of my first blog so as they say, "On with the show!"

Here's a question for you, Is there really such a thing as a limit to a friendship? Let me expand on this before you answer.

I talked to a very dear friend of mine today who said she was feeling guilty about something I did for her. She claimed that I had gone above and beyond and then said, "really, there is a limit to my friendship." However, I think she misspoke. (Sorry, dear friend, but the truth must be told)

I don't believe there is such a thing as a limit to a friendship. There may be limits to who we are as people and what our likes and dislikes are but in a true time of need, I'd like to think there would never be a limitation. I mean really, this is the same friend who once sent me a card that had the following hand written inside (Now keep in mind, this was handwritten. Hallmark does a great job and believe me I have spent many a day laughing inside their stores, but Hallmark ain't got nothin' on a handwritten message from the heart), "...you are one of life's rarest gifts to an ole county girl like me. I may not be your blood but as your sister in Christ, I stand strong beside you. We are bonded by eternal blood - you will always have family in me!" Now correct me if I'm wrong, but does that sound like limitations to you. Absolutely NOT!

So, remember that as you go through your daily routine that we call life. You are a FRIEND to somebody! That means that there will come a day that you are challenged to do something outside of your likes and dislikes, maybe even outside of your box, but never, ever outside of your friendship. And most importantly, never with a limitation.

Proverbs 17:17 "A friend loves at ALL times..."
Jeremiah 31:3 "...I have loved you with an everlasting love..."

Peace Out!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would completely agree that friendship has no limitations. We may choose to do different things for our dearest friends but when there is a real, unattractive need, we may suprise ourselves with what we will do.
Friendship is not about keeping score either, and as I get to know you more and more, this is the furthest thing from your mind.
Marie, you have a heart of gold!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

"That means that there will come a day that you are challenged to do something outside of your likes and dislikes, maybe even outside of your box, but never, ever outside of your friendship."

That's a great quote Marie! Girl, you've got 2 posts out of the box and you're SMOKIN'!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Can guys look at this blog too?

9:51 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I'm with you on that one! I love my friends like family and would do anything for them... anything at all!!

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm here by way of Addie as well. I don't think there should be a limit to friendship either. Was there with Jesus?

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Great post, and welcome to the blogosphere!

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home