Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day 1:

Well not complain but here you go...

First off, the so called "full size" washer and dryer is CRAP! It's not a separate unit at all. It's this rinky dinky one use washer dryer combo. It is so small that last night I did a "load" of clothes and all that would fit was one outfit from each girl...did I mention that they are children and their clothes are small! And then to top it off, it takes 3 hours and 15 minutes to wash and dry.

Secondly (and this is a BIG ONE!) - there is NO AIR CONDITIONING!!! Yes people read it again and share my pain...THERE IS NO AIR CONDITIONING! Jolly ole chaps did provide us with a fan (two more should be coming) and hey we are able to crack the windows about 4-6 inches. Now, the high here for this time of year is only 71 but guess what...we are in a heat wave (of course we are!) and the high here is 82! Amazingly, Brian's job knew nothing about this soooooo...I'll try to look at the bright side, maybe I'll sweat the weight off while I'm here!

Enough complaining now - I just had to get it off my chest. There you have it, I can't change it so I'll try to work through it. I'll pull myself up by my boot straps and carry on.

Other Guy is at work today. I'm amazed that he is able to function. I was so tired this morning. Moe slept until 11 and Curly slept until I woke her up at NOON! They both woke up in the middle of the night fighting over covers, confused about where they were and Moe was hungry at 4:30 AM, yes I said AM!

We are hoping to get to the park today..I think it might be cooler outside than inside. It is pretty neat to hear the bells though. I'm not sure if it is from Big Ben or West Minster Abbey but either way, it's really neat.

Peace Out!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Hey! So does this mean we'll get daily London posts from you? It took moving to the other side of the Earth to get you to blog more than once in a month! :)

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi. That's my country you are complaining about. Maybe you should come back here and I will spend 8 weeks there instead? I was born to live in 82 degree weather, treasure these warm days, I can guarantee that the majority of your stay will not be so nice!
There are upsides to your treacherous adventure - mainly in the form of cadburys chocolate but aside from the chocolatey goodness there are fish and chip shops on every corner, men in furry hats who don't smile, finally there is this http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page6127.asp

10:06 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Sounds like fun times! Especially the midnight wake up calls from the kiddos! heh. The park sounds like a blast...I'm jealous. Take tons of pics so we can see too!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Addie said...

That stinks about the washer and dryer. Yikes! So will that make you and Brian's clothing one load each? Blegh! And it looks like the higher temps and no air are ensuring that you'll need to wash those clothes more often.

Hope you had fun at the park. Got any pictures to share?

l8r my friend!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Em said...

Girl you are crazy...what are you doing in London (I know you are with other guys job). How exciting.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Daneen said...

oh girl, you have my utmost sympathy. Those are THE 3 things that would most "try" me also: laundry, interrupted sleep and being HOT.

I'm praying hard, sister!!!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We miss you all. Thanks for posting.

Susie Luv

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, at least you haven't lost your sense of humor. :)

Hang in there my friend. At least we're all entertained by your circumstances. (just KIDDING!)

Praying for you.

KP

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, How do you do the laundry? Will you have to take it elsewhere? We miss you guys! Things are good here; but not the same without you. We love you the most! Mom/Dad/Grandma/Papa

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home