Monday, July 21, 2008

ARE WE THERE YET???

Do you remember that part in Shrek 2 where they are traveling to far, far away? I love that scene where donkey (the child) keeps asking "are we there yet?" Shrek keeps answering no and then says yes only for Donkey to reply, "really?" I love it when Shrek says, "Donkey, really the kingdom of far, far away!!" At this point Shrek becomes frustrated and yells "ARE WE THERE YET?" and Fiona lovingly says yes.

Well, the answer to the girls questions finally is YES! The King's are in jolly ole London. Our trip over went really well. With the exception of security check points, everything was quick and painless. Checkpoints were interesting because you have to remove computers, cameras, dvd players, video games, shoes, watches, fold up the stroller and so on and so forth. As you can imagine doing that with 3...oops I mean 2 children is tricky! The body cavity search was a little frightening but hey whatever you have to do for the FIRM...right??!! (Yes MOM...I'm kidding!)

Unfortunately, the airline this time wasn't quite as posh, but it was nice nonetheless. None of us slept very much, though we did try. We all fell asleep this afternoon in the apartment watching The Wizard of Oz (thank you Daneen!). I kept joking with the girls today saying, "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore!"

After our short nap, we ate a little something (Other Guy had me pack some food...good idea!) and headed out on the town. Today was perfect weather...the skies were clear and the air was cool so we decided to go ahead and ride the London Eye. The world's 2nd largest Ferris wheel. I must admit I chuckled a little thinking of my dear friends Ben & Addie riding this...they have an intense fear of heights...poor things. Anyway, last time Other Guy and I were here the weather was never quite right to justify the price so today we took the opportunity before us.

Other Guy and the girls came back to the apartment and I set out to the great unknown to find a grocery store. I was shocked and utterly appalled that there are no Super Walmarts or Super Targets...seriously, what is a girl to do. Also, probably not a good idea to go at the end of the workday. People looked at me as though I had some foreign object coming out of my forehead when the saw the full basket in my hands and the side-by-side stroller loaded down with things....CRAZY YANK!

Now the girls are in bed, I'm writing this and Other Guy is playing Zelda on the Wii...life is good.

I will leave you with two funny stories...and then I'm headed to bed!

Curly turns around in the flight from KC to Chicago and says "Oh no! Mom, did you show the lady how to work the spinning poop machine?" I quickly moved closer to her, surely I had misheard her...let's try that again...same reply. "Honey, what are you talking about?" "You know, Mom, the machine to clean up after the dogs poop...you know they are going to be mad and do it so that lady will need to know how to clean it up!" What can I say, the mind of a 5 year old! "Yes, honey, don't you worry about it, Mommy took care of it!"

Next we are playing chase in the Chicago airport. I wanted to run off some energy before we boarded the 9 hr flight. Moe walks up to her daddy and asks for something to drink. Other Guy tells her to wait until we get on the plane as they have started to board. "Ahhhh...but I'm just so stinkin tired!" How do you reply to that? We laughed our heads off.

Well, I'll post pics tomorrow. I'm tired and my mind can't handle anything to techno tonight.

Peace Out, ya'll

PS to all my friends who helped cook, babysit, clean, whatever...know that you are loved!

4 Comments:

Blogger Daneen said...

And YOU are missed!

Thank you for posting so soon... I've been imagining where you were and what you're doing. Now I have a visual of the shopping trip. Ahhhh.
love you. d

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your sweet note. We are so happy for you all. Glad to know you are doing well. We love you guys the most! Mom & Dad

6:43 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Whooohooo!!!! Have fun! You guys are already missed. And yeah...there's not stinkin' way we'd be up on that ferris wheel!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

I saw pictures of that Ferris Wheel on Jeana's blog and got a little sick to my stomach. That thing is FREAKY!!!

Love the update so soon, glad you're there and getting settled quickly! Did you buy some hot dogs in a can for the girls? ;-)

Miss ya!

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home