Tuesday, February 13, 2007

If CANCER was a person, I'd like to meet him in a dark alley with my shoes off...maybe I could introduce him to a good ole' fashion southern woopin'!

This week has been pretty interesting for me. I have had two of my close friends call me this week to tell me that their father/father-n-law has colon cancer. Now, anybody who knows me knows that I have a big place in my heart for people struggling with cancer. My sister, Natasha, has fought the fight once and is currently fighting and winning the battle again. These phone calls really got me to thinking...how could I turn the word cancer into something positive, something with hope. So, this is what I came up with...

God is bigger than anything and everything and that includes cancer. That is really great news for those struggling with this disease. So, when you get that news remember...God is...

C - the Conqueror
A - the Almighty
N - the Name above all Names
C - the Comforter
E - Ever-Present
R - the Rock

In the words of S.M. Lockridge, "Death couldn't handle Him and the grave couldn't hold Him!"
You can listen to that speech if you click on his name. It is amazing...and I agree with him...THAT'S MY KING!

Just some more food for thought as I close, remember that your words have power and sometimes it's tempting to hurt the ones who are closest to you during your pain. Sometimes pain and jealousy cause a person to lash out, but don't do this. Please resist the temptation to hurt intentionally...it's just not nice, especially to the people closest to you, like your children. Be honest with one another and let God into the situation, He'll help you through it without a casualty of the heart.

Peace Out!

10 Comments:

Blogger Addie said...

I love your anagram girl! I'm praying for C & D and their families! I'm praying that the big "C" will stand for Conqueror!

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can I say... you have a way with words, my friend. Thank you for your passion, your friendship and your prayers.
I agree, Addie, and will go on record to say that I am BELIEVING the big "C" stands for Conqueror, as I've NO DOUBT Pop-Pop will conquer this with His Father's help all along the way. Love you both - Daneen

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marie...Why this? I don't know if you have heard or not, but Dennis at Christmas time was diagnosed with colon cancer, had 90% of colon removed....he has a 75% chance at recoverry right now, is in process of 6 month chemo...this has been very difficult. Can you imagine having to tell your 10 yr old, his daddy (keeping in mind Dennis stature) could very well die? I never found the courage, and only told him he was very sick. Your words give me strength....I so want to "blame" and it has made it hard to hold faith.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For God sakes please do not take off your shoes, that only suggests your are openning up a can of whoop....

7:42 AM  
Blogger Natasha said...

As always I will pray for these people!! I know how difficult it is for them to go through this, but I also know that most of the time it is more difficult for the family instead of the patient. This is a great way to think about the word cancer and I will remember it always!!! I have spoken to my pastor about starting a Cancer Support group in our church and with your permission, I would like to have this in our mission statement!! I love you so much and could not imagine being without you through this time in my life!!

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, did you think I would never reply? I was beginning to wonder myself. As always thank you for your thoughtfulness. It is always such a comfort to know that I can rely on you to put into words exactly what I'm thinking. Like the kids song says (unfortunately you are unable to see me do the motions with this one). "My God is so big, so strong and so mighty. Theres nothing my God cannot do" Thank Goodness!

Oh and by the way, if you're taking off your shoes then you know I'm gonna have to take off my jewelry. God help whoever meets us with your shoes off and my earrings out...

Casi

8:46 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Over the last 100 years, chiropractic medicine has been leading the field as the most natural and non-invasive approaches to treating chronic spinal pain conditions. Chiropractic care focuses on relieving the tension or inflammation to the delicate nerves of the spine. This irritation to spinal nerves is the chief cause of spinal pain. When chiropractic adjustments are given to relieve the pressure placed on the nerves of the spine, relief is noticed almost instantly. This relationship between the spine and nervous system is the main focus of chiropractic treatment. With Chiropractic care, patients not only respond fast to spine pain conditions, but also to conditions of the entire body as well.
chiropractors duluth ga

4:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Everyone lies to their doctor at some point. Though the reasons that patients lie are complicated, it is an inescapable fact that your doctor can only do his job if he has the right information. It can sometimes be difficult and embarrassing to tell the truth, but your doctor will be happy with your honesty, and will be better able to help youhttp://www.md247.com/md247-blog/category/3-talk-to-a-doctor-.html

5:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Spinal Decompression Therapy, first approved by the FDA in 2001, has since evolved into a cost-effective treatment for herniated and degenerative spinal discs, and spinal stenosis; one of the major causes of back pain and neck pain. yorba linda chiropractors

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home