Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Update on the Sis and Life in General...


Boy howdy, where has the time gone? Where did October go? I feel like I am is this whirlwind that just doesn't stop...Can I get an Amen Sista!

Anyway, life here is good. My sister, Natasha is doing really well. She began her chemo treatments on Friday and so far, so good. She is facing a year of chemo. She will have one treatment a week for 3 months and then 1 treatment every three weeks for 9 months. So, as they say, she's got a long road to hoe but she's getting there. One prayer at a time.

Natasha is due to start back to work on Monday, so please keep that in your prayers. I can't imagine taking on all that she has to, but she does it with amazing strength and very few complaints.

I just returned from a girls weekend away and for those of you who have never taken such a weekend, I highly recommend it. We laughed, we talked, we shopped, we ate but most importantly, we prayed! One woman said, it was a trip about iron sharpening iron. I love that! I must also give a very big THANK YOU to my husband. He was great and even ended up taking care of a sick child. But, he is the man, he got it all done and everybody was in one piece upon my return.

Well, life calls...oh does it ever call!

Peace Out!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Marie, I found this by googling it (I remembered you telling me about it). Its SO cute! This is Sarah Williams, by the way. Anyway, whats your email? Mine is sewilliams74@aol.com I always think to randomly email you but dont have it. It was fun seeing you at the grocery store tonight.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

Now I don't want to disparage the other guy or anything, but I was a little concerned on Sunday morning when I asked him about the girls. He said something about leaving them at home...alone, and how Curly could manage getting them both up and ready. He might have also said something about leaving a pot of coffee for them.

Now, I'm not trying to gossip or cause any problems or anything, just thought you should know. ;-)

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there,

I responded yesterday; but obviously it didn't register. Anyway, thank you for the update on Tasha. Please know that we are continuing to pray that she will continue to heal and won't have any complications from the chemo.

I'm proud of other guy that both girls survived so well while you were on your wonderful weekend! We had no doubt that he would handle things in your absence.

Love you, Mom/Sandy

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

addie, you were not supposed to rat me out. the girls did just fine that morning, however, mo never did get out of bed, but curly brought her cookies and sour milk from the night before.

other guy

11:09 AM  
Blogger Natasha said...

All I can say is whenever I need a good laugh (or cry), all I have to do is read your entries and the comments that are left.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

Other Guy - The sour milk, I guess just goes to show that they need more practice. I should cut you some slack. Children WILL rise to the expectations we give them.

Maybe Ben and I should try leaving the girls alone for a bit. If they get good enough at it, maybe we can leave them all alone for a weekend getaway! ;-)

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home