Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Good Night and Good Luck...

Well, it's done. We came, we saw, we traveled, we saw some more, we met friends, we chased birds, we fed squirrels, we logged more than one million miles on the stroller, we slid, we swung, we dug, we jumped, we laughed, we chilled, we toured, we sang, we painted, we....

We left! We are heading home tomorrow...it is our final night here in London and we had a great time. The BATS family met for dinner and said our fond farewells.

I will be honest and say that something happened here that I didn't quite expect. I made friends, ones that I will take with me back to KC. I have fully enjoyed getting to know the spouses of the employees here. We jokingly call ourselves the Stroller Brigade and I am sure that the BATS Christmas Party will never be the same.

So, to the friends I leave behind, keep your chin up and enjoy your remaining time here without me. Karen and Rob...I look forward to catching up with you when you get stateside. Sara, I wish you and Jeromy and the boys all the best that God has to offer you here. I know the next two years will be life changing. Know that you will all be in my prayers. Take Care...

To the friends and family waiting in KC...we are on our way...we'll be home before you know it! We look forward to getting back to life with you and hearing all about your summer adventures. In the words of Michael Buble, "Another aeroplane, Another sunny place, I’m lucky I know, But I wanna go home. I’ve got to go home, Let me go home, I’m just too far from where you are, I wanna come home."

Peace Out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Addie said...

FINALLY! It's about stinkin' time!!! Can't wait to hear all of the tales of the stroller brigade.

Love ya, see ya in a jiff!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Daneen said...

AAAAKKKK!!!!

Tuck said last night "doesn't your Marie come home tomorrow?"

And now it's today!!! AAAKKK!!

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home