Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Ramblings of a crazy woman...

okay, today has been pretty crazy and it's only 8:40 in the morning! My family and I have made the decision to go to London for 8 wks for Other Guy's job. Needless to say, there is a lot that will go into being away from home that long. Combine that with family coming in town, Curly's 5th birthday and just life in general...it makes things pretty crazy.

I woke up this morning instantly feeling overwhelmed. The control-freak in me wants everything in line, in order, packed, perfect and wonderful. Let's just say it's not that way...YET!

After working out (yep, that's a whole other topic that we'll discuss later!), I got showered, put on the war paint and came downstairs for my bible study. I wanted to share with you what God hand delivered to me today! It is soooooooo cool! I am working on a book for the Women of Faith company called Managing your moods. I know, you men out there are saying OH BROTHA! But stay with me...

Today's lesson was entitled Scattered, My spirit is overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is distressed." Psalm 143:4 Pretty cool so far, right!

Here is an excerpt from the book: "Sometimes, I can be pretty scatterbrained, but when it comes right down to it, I don't like things scattered. I don't like my house scattered with clutter...I prefer to have all my ducks in a row - organized, neat, tidy and predictable." Does this sound like me or WHAT!?

Then I read in Psalms 102:1-2 Hear my prayer, O Lord; let my cry for help come to you. Do not hide your face from me when I am in distress. Turn your ear to me; when I call, answer me quickly. I just love that...David in all his "Davidness", a man after God's own heart, cried out to his God, my God, OUR GOD! He even asked that God would answer him quickly.

This week has all been compounded by weight gain, excessive weight gain (even though I am working out!), depression, not feeling pretty, not feeling like enough, FEAR, FEAR, FEAR...I'm sure you get the picture. But even David cried out in anguish! His emotions were scattered all over the place and he just poured himself out and asked that God pick up the pieces and to please do it quickly! (See guys, even men are scatter brained with emotions!)

So as a precious songs says, I am going to arise and be comforted, for the Lord, he is good to the weary. And even the young heart can tire and fall but he knows them all! For the Lord, he will renew their strength and they will soar on wings as eagles. They will run and NEVER grow weary. They will walk and not grow faint. For the Lord, he IS GOOD. Lift your eyes to the heavens for the creator is living in you! Come surrender as you are and know that you never strayed too far let his power within you heal your heart. And lift your eyes to spacious skies, let 'em chart your way to fly, spread your wings and fly...for the Lord, he is GOOD!

Peace Out!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Marie-

Sorry to hear that you'll be leaving us for 8 weeks. We'll miss you and your family. I can relate to your comments on weight gain and how that can make a person feel. But you are beautiful on the outside and more importantly on the inside - you have a beautiful heart for the Lord!!

Susie Luv

11:47 AM  
Blogger Addie said...

Wow, you and David have perfectly described my week as well! Thanks for your honesty and transparency ... this post was a great encouragement to me!

It's gonna be a looooonnnnnng 8 weeks! Love ya girl.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

What an awesome word from God! I know things have been crazy but I see you handle it all with grace and mostly style. heh.
It'll all be good.
Love ya!

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sistuh,

You are beautiful inside and out!
Your incredibly giving, kind, thoughtful, and discerning spirit is a blessing.

We'll miss you and your family.

KP

8:06 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

I think I needed this as well!!! Thank you and I love you soooo much!!

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home