Saturday, October 27, 2007

I've been tagged!

Well, I almost dropped the ball on this one but my friend Daneen tagged me so here is my response.

Where were you 10, 20, 30, 40+ years ago?

  • 10 years ago - I was the big 21...which was no big deal to me considering that I don't drink, never have, never will. Unbeknownst to me, I was weeks away from being proposed to by Other Guy. I'm sure that on this exact weekend, I was either on my way to Tallahassee or patiently awaiting his arrival!
  • 20 years ago - I was 11! A very goofy looking 11, I might add but hey I thought I had it going on and that is all that matters! I was a big time 6th grader and was part of the very first Middle School Pilot in Jacksonville where 6th grade was added to 7th and 8th to be called Middle School and 9th grade was added to High School. No more Junior High! I was into big hair, Bon Jovi and eating mustard! (If you know the story, I hope tears are streaming down your face right now, if you don't, don't ask cuz I ain't tellin!)
  • 30 years ago - I was 1 (and a few months!) Oh, I was a beautiful baby...if you like chunky monkey's! Dude, I had so many rolls, I looked like the Michelin Man's illegitimate child! My mom will tell you I was an absolute joy to her life, that is of course after I slip her $20!
  • 40 years ago - I was still chillin with God - He was still working on the perfect mold and trying to decide to whom he was going to grace with my presence!

Peace Out!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes....i have tears from the "Eating Mustard"....cary and I still joke about it....who am I kidding...i still eat it!!

Your blogs...always brighten my day....good to see you doing so well.

love you...

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only say that I will always be grateful that I was the "chosen" one to be blessed by your presence! Even tho you were a bit chunky, you were beautiful then just as you are now....inside and out. The blessings have continued to flow, because of you I have a great son-in-law that I am thankful for, and to top all of that, the 2 of you have given me two beautiful grand-daughters (I'll stop right there on the "perfect" girls to prevent writing a book on that subject). The days of Bon Jovi,mustard,and middle school, well we danced to BJ, made it through middle school, and still laugh about the mustard!
I love you all!

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home