Wednesday, December 06, 2006

She said YES!!!!!


Okay, okay...I know. It's been a while. What can I say life calls sometimes and then other times, it screams at you!

So what's new in my life...well for starters, my sister, Natasha, is engaged. That's right, ladies and gents...her man Darryl proposed on Thanksgiving Day in grand fashion and she said yes! I can not even begin to tell you how excited I am.

On a personal note, I would like to tell you a little bit about a man named Darryl. He is an amazing person who has stood by my sister in good times and bad. Now, he doesn't walk on water or anything. I'm sure they have had their ups and downs just like anybody. But the difference is, when the going got tough, He didn't get going. He was there when the diagnosis of cancer came rolling in and he was there when her breasts were removed, whispering sweet things to her. He wiped away her tears and told her how beautiful she was. He made her laugh when she felt self conscience and reminded her to find the joy in everything. He was even there to sponge bathe her nasty body, oops, I mean her glistening body that had not seen a shower in a couple days. (Just a joke!) Bottom Line...He is an all around good guy and it will be my pleasure to call him brother come May of next year!

In honor of their engagement, I would like to type out the lyrics of a song I played for my sister a while back when she questioned whether or not she was even worthy of somebody like Darryl. We both cried when we listened to the song and now it's finally coming true.

White by Martina McBride
Phones were ringing, tongues were wagging, hot gossip was flying all around town
She'd heard the talk, the low down was the shameless color of her wedding gown
It's white, I mean really who's she trying to kid
Everybody knows the things she did
It just isn't right, won't that be a sight
To see her wearing white.
She was wild, a wayward child, to put it midly she made her life a mess
But she was young, the past is done now she's in love and putting on a new dress
It's white and it's nobody's business what she wears
Anyway the truth is she don't care
Baby, it's her life and she likes wearing white.
He's all nerves when he sees her, as far as he's concerned she's an angel.
In white
He just can't believe that she is his
What a crazy miracle this is
Who she was he don't mind 'cause on their wedding night,
She'll be wearing white!
Well, that's it folks...
Peace Out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Addie said...

Congratulations Darryl and Natasha!

:D

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great news. Don't you just love happily ever afters?

Other Guy's bro.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home