Wednesday, October 29, 2008

How could I ask for more?

There is a song by Cindy Morgan that is an oldy but goody. The lyrics are absolutely beautiful and totally put things into perspective for this chick. You can listen to a video on YouTube by clicking here. I wanted to take a moment to list the things that I am most grateful for, things that I am so undeserving of but things that should not go another moment without being said...

Heavenly Father, forgive my "list format" but Lord thank you for all the blessings in my life, for those I have listed and the things I have forgotten...thank you, how could I ask for more?

  • My Salvation...the thought of spending eternity with you is the greatest joy of my life.
  • My husband...that Other Guy truly is my better half. He completes me in ways that only you could have knit together so wonderfully.
  • My girls...Curly and Moe give me a happiness that words couldn't describe. They are such a beautiful combination of Brian and I.
  • My "nationality"...I am blessed to live in a country where I can freely worship you and express my thoughts and opinions.
  • My family...I am grateful for the relationships that are there simply because you ordained them to be. Even during the crazy times...you hold us all in your hands.
  • My church...Grace is everything I never knew I always wanted. Even when the "underbelly" rears it's ugly head, you are there and I thank you for an amazing place of worship, a place where I experience YOU through every pastor and staff member.
  • My "female" friends...How do I begin to thank you for the women of God that you have placed in my path. They all offer such wonderful colors to my life. They bring truth to the statement that friends are the family you get to choose.
  • My "male" friends...three in particular, thank you for those brotherly relationships. I love them dearly and love that I can be myself with them and we can all laugh about it. I thank you for the fact that they love me enough to sense when something is not right and either call me on the carpet for it or call their wives to do it ;0)

One of the best parts of the song is towards the end...So many things I thought would bring me happiness. Some dreams that aren't realities today. Such an irony the things that mean the most to me, are the memories that I've made along the way.

I can honestly say that had you asked me fifteen years ago what my life would be like, what would bring me happiness, what would be important...I would of had different answers. Thank you Lord for all of your infinite wisdom. Your reality for me today is more than I could have ever asked for...I praise you for your blessings and love you simply for you, not what you have given to me.

Peace Out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

beautifully said, marie

6:17 AM  
Blogger Daneen said...

amen, sister. I love you.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home