Monday, October 08, 2007

Call me Patriotic...


I have always had a soft spot in my heart for all things patriotic. Even as a small child, I took pride in seeing the American Flag and would get very offended when I saw it touch the ground or on a flag pole in the rain. In high school, I entered our Miss "High School Unnamed" pageant and for my talent section, I wrote a monologue about the American Flag. I know, I know, it was cheesy and I will spare you the video and the pictures of me dressed up as Old Glory! On a side note, a very embarrassing side note, my monologue ended with me saying the pledge. I had a pretty heated debate right before the pageant about how much it irritated me to hear people say I pledge of allegiance instead of I pledge allegiance...well, guess what I said??? You got it! "I pledge of allegiance!" What a goofball!!!

Anyway, when I became a Christian, my freedom in this county took on a whole new meaning. I realized the importance of freedom...that it was so much more than being able to wear what I wanted, say what I wanted...it meant that I was free to worship our creator in public. I would never be in danger because of doing something I was created to do, worship HIM!

A couple days ago, Curly came home from school and said she had something she wanted to show me. Before I knew what happened, my four year old beauty was reciting the Pledge. Needless to say, I was almost in tears! When did she get so big? How did I miss it?

Anyway, I thought I would share it with all of you as a little reminder to be thankful for the freedom that we share and the flag that stands for that freedom.

Also, to all of those families who have loved ones risking their lives to protect that freedom...Thank you, you have offered us one of the greatest gifts and I know that there will be a special jewel in your crown in heaven for the sacrifice you make everyday!




Peace Out!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Daneen said...

aaahhhh... so sweet!

You'll get a kick out of this: when Tuck was listening over my shoulder, not knowing I was on your site he said "that gal sounds like you" when he heard your voice.

Yet again...

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute. She is getting so big. I wonder how old I was when I learned this, surely not her age. Smart, smart, smart....

7:32 AM  
Blogger Sarah W. said...

Oh my, she is so precious!!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Addie said...

What cutey patootey!!!

Great job Curly!

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you and your water works blogs!! that is so sweet Marie! I can't believe how big she is...you are doing a wonderful job!

Miss ya...

5:30 AM  
Blogger Daneen said...

I tagged you on my blog...

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home