Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Fear not, for I am with you...

This past Sunday was the 2nd week of our Perspective's series at church. Unfortunately, I missed the first week but it was for a good reason...I was scrap booking. I must say that if there is any acceptable excuse for missing church, scrap booking would be it. And to top it off, I got to do it with a very special friend of mine...but I digress.

If you are interested in following this series, you can look at our church website or at our pastor's blog.

This Sunday, I was on my way upstairs to worship when I noticed a dad, carrying his young son down the stairwell. I didn't recognize him but based on their conversation, I assumed they were visiting. The little boy was very nervous and kept telling his dad how scared he was to go to his class. To this his dad replied, "Ya know, I'm trying something new today too and I'm a little nervous but I know it's going to be great!"

I just love stuff like that. There is nothing that warms my heart more than to see a father/child interaction. It just brought a smile to my face.

I then joined the in-laws in service (Other Guy was out of town) and noticed the dad was sitting in the row in front of us. I continued on with worship and absolutely loved the service...music, preaching, everything. At the end of service, Tim took the opportunity to invite people to pray the prayer of salvation with him. The anticipation of this moment always gets to me. The thought of some body making an eternal decision in that exact moment is very exciting.

As the service closed, Tim asked for the people who prayed that prayer for the first time to step out and raise their hands so that we could celebrate with them.

Any guesses who raised their hand?

If you guessed the dad, you would be right. I almost started crying. Oh, if his young son could only grasp how his bravery to go to his class helped his dad to make an eternal decision!

Isn't that AWESOME!!!

Well, I gotta go for now...just remember that we all have to step out on faith sometime and be brave and try something new!

Peace Out!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing Marie. :)

7:28 PM  
Blogger Daneen said...

it's like a movie... but I love it even more because it's real! hope that dad and son continue to grow in Christ. What an awesome day for them. And what a testimony to our children's ministry.

btw, I'm glad you missed the first week; wouldn't have been the same scrappin without ya... "no tapping!"

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home