Thursday, March 07, 2013

Lil Moments...

This week I got on a plane and came to help my momma who had surgery on her neck.  I'm not telling you that to get some type of hero cookie or pat on the back.  It's the right thing to do so I did it.  Quite frankly it something that has been lost in this generation but that is a different subject for a different time.  I am always amazed by reflection.  Sitting here thinking about the week when I should be sleeping.  There are so many things rattling around in this brain of mine.  So I thought I'd write them down with the hopes of getting some much needed rest.

I'm amazed at how quickly time passes.  I'm blown away by the way things change, seemingly without you even noticing and then suddenly you are face to face with it and you are left wondering what the heck happened and how the heck did I miss it?!  "Home" has changed for me...that's not necessarily a good or a bad thing...it's just change...plain and simple.  There is an old country song by Patty Loveless that had the lyric "Life's about change and nothing ever stays the same..." Wow, those words are so true.  It makes me wonder as I look at my sisters now in our upper thirties and think how that must hit my poor momma so hard...will that come quickly for me with mine?  Will I simply blink and one day be in my kitchen and have them standing there, grown...kinda sad but inevitable.

I loved being able to care for my momma and cook and clean for her.  It's not something I can't do often being so far away.  It's still comical to think she knows so little of this side of me but we are getting there.  It was awesome having her ask for a recipe.

I have worked hard this week.  There is a lot going on back home with my job.  I've put in more hours here than I ever would have been able to put in at home so it was a blessing being able to work at night with all the cool changes happening.  It's also helped fill the hole of missing those I love so much who are back where I am soon headed back to...home.

One of the best moments I will take with me from this trip though is this...family is family and no matter what, you do what needs to be done to show love.  They probably don't even realize it but my sisters were what I will take away from this trip...my sister Natasha driving a million miles just to bring me & my mom lunch and hug my neck even though she was super busy...and tonight, my sister Sherry as she walked out the door saying this "Thanks sis, you coming and helping means more than you know and I love you for it...I'll miss you"  I dang near lost it.

So, I'll cherish my lil moments...I hope you do too.  Gnite...I'm coming home y'all but I'm leaving home too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure make your momma's heart happy!!

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home